Effective November 1, 2012, any proposed grading change is required to be designed by a Licensed Professional Engineer and any change in grade must not negatively affect adjacent properties.

Key documents:

Accordingly, most land disturbing activities require a grading permit with the following essential components:

Note: There is not a separate application for a grading permit. The permit requirement and approval will be marked on the general permitting application.

Projects that require a grading permit include but are not limited to:

Possible Waivers and Exemptions:

Each project will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine whether a grading permit will be required. Projects may be exempt from the grading requirements if: