The temporary obstruction of any Village street, alley, parkway, or sidewalk requires a permit. Additionally, the temporary storage of any equipment on private property requires a permit.
Dumpsters / Roll-off receptacles may be placed on the public right-of-way with the following conditions:
- Completed and Signed Permit Application
- Dumpster is not placed within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- Not placed within 25 feet of a crosswalk
- Not placed within 10 feet of a private drivewat
- Must be located in a legal parking area on the street
- Must be protected by a barricade with flashing lights
- Clearly marked with the name and 24-hour phone number of the owner
- Free of graffiti
- Owned and placed by a company that is licensed and bonded with the Village
- Applicant pays the $350 per month application fee
- Applicant pays the $350 deposit
Dumpster permits are valid for a maximum of 120 days and may be extended at the approval of the Village.